Landbell Group publishes White Paper on recommendations for a better policy framework.
Based on our extensive experience operating at the interface between producers, consumers, recyclers and municipalities, in the EU and beyond, we are convinced that the transition towards a circular economy must be driven by a few key principles. These principles are presented below.
- Set smart targets for recycling and for phasing out landfill and incineration
- Strengthen extended producer responsibility in a level playing field
- Set up clear, transparent and practical roles and responsibilities for all actors involved
- Empower consumers
- Harmonise rules and increase competition in the waste and resource markets
- Ensure effective enforcement
- Promote research and development
Within this context, we want to share some recommendations for a policy framework that will boost the EU’s transition towards a circular economy and strengthen its global leadership in this domain.
For more information, visit circulareconomy.landbell-group.com