What’s happening with regard to chemical regulations internationally? Here are some updates we’ve prepared for you for November 2021.
One year anniversary of the EU Chemicals Strategy
On 14 October 2020, the European Commission published its Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability. The strategy contains a whole package of measures to promote safe and sustainable chemicals and a pollution-free environment.
The strategy’s first anniversary is a good opportunity to recap the most important measures:
- banning the most harmful chemicals in consumer products unless their use is essential
- taking into account “cocktail effects” when assessing the risks posed by chemicals
- phasing out the use of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in the European Union unless their use is essential
- boosting investment and innovation in the production and use of chemicals that are safe and sustainable by design and throughout their life cycle
- promoting the resilience of the European Union’s supply and sustainability of critical chemicals
- simplifying the process for risk and hazard assessment of chemicals (“one substance, one assessment”)
- establishing the European Union as global leader by promoting high standards and banning the export of chemicals which are banned in the Union
Many of these measures are to be implemented with the upcoming revisions of the REACH and CLP regulations.
Landbell Group company, H2 Compliance offers comprehensive advisory services for all these measures and regulations. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sign up for our monthly
report COMPASS here: