H2 Compliance colleagues attend stand-out chemical regulatory conferences
3 November 2023
In recent weeks, Landbell Group’s US-based colleagues at H2 Compliance have attended and exhibited at three excellent technical conference meetings, highlighting global chemical regulatory changes and the latest best practices for compliance.
The first conference, Chemical Watch’s USA Regulatory Summit, took place from 25 to 26 September in Washington, DC.
Experts shared their insights into the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) developments of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), including:
- Progress under the Lautenberg Act and proposed new directions or areas of focus under TSCA
- US state-level updates, including California Proposition 65, and
- Global regulatory updates from Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific (APAC), the Middle East, and Australia and New Zealand.
In addition, a special afternoon session focused on environmental marketing claims using the Federal Trade Commission’s Green Guides and developments in extended producer responsibility (EPR) in the US.
From 3 to 5 October, H2 Compliance colleagues also attended the Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC) Annual Meeting in Arlington, Virginia.
The meeting included Hazard Communication regulatory updates from the US, Canada, EU, APAC, and Latin America, and touched on product stewardship themes related to:
- Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in supply chains
- Ingredient transparency
- Regulatory and product stewardship due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- Chemicals of concern in articles, and
- Proper management of SDSs and associated labelling
In addition to attending the plenary session, H2 Compliance hosted an exhibitor’s booth and presented a poster on compliance strategies for cosmetics in both the EU and US markets.
Please reach out to Mary Kerley or Concy Aciro for further information about our poster and cosmetics services.
Finally, Landbell Group’s US colleagues took full advantage of another excellent professional development session at the PSX conference in Boston, Massachusetts, from 16 to 19 October.
Domonick Zanarini was there to host a product stewardship workshop and present a Full Material Disclosure case study.